Read the frequently asked questions about using the MYArts building for your program or organization.
Who can use space at MYArts?
- Supporting youth arts programming is at the core of MYArts’ mission so we prioritize youth arts programming in allocating space.
- However, we love working with adult-serving arts organizations, non-arts youth programs, and community organizations. Reach out if you’re curious about whether your event will work at MYArts.
- We are especially interested in identifying new programming partners whose offerings are in arts practices not already happening at MYArts and/or that support sectors of our community who are traditionally underserved by youth arts programming.
When can my organization request space?
- Youth arts programs: For best consideration, place your requests by the dates below. Use this form to submit your requests (this is a google sheet and you will have to make a copy):
- Requests for spring: November 15
- Requests for summer: January 1
- Requests for fall: July 1
- Non-youth arts programs: Requests may be submitted following the same deadlines, and they will be handled after youth arts requests are fulfilled.
- Requests for nearer-term uses (all groups): These can be submitted at any time and will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
What is included in a MYArts space use agreement?
- Use of a MYArts studio–we will work with you to identify a studio that meets your program’s needs.
- Subject to availability, MYArts can provide folding tables, chairs, music stands, piano or keyboard, and built-in bluetooth speakers.
- Space use reservations include a minimum of 15 minutes before and after your particular program to allow time for setup and takedown.
- MYArts asks programs to help in setting up / taking down rooms, putting away tables / chairs when they are done, cleaning whiteboards after use, etc.
My event is not a youth arts program–can I hold it at MYArts?
- While MYArts will always give youth arts programs priority access to the facility, we are happy to work with other groups such as adult-serving arts orgs, community organizations, businesses, etc. whose space use requests do not conflict with youth arts program needs.
How much does it cost to rent a studio at MYArts?
- Youth arts programs may rent studios on a sliding scale basis, depending on the organization’s resources. We ask organizations to pay as much as they can afford, but endeavor to make the space affordable for all youth arts groups.
- Non-youth arts programs may rent studios at fixed rates.
- Our current rate sheet is here.
- Studio details are here.
How can I rent the theaters at MYArts?
- Both the Sunrise (black box) and Starlight (main) theater are available for renting for half-day, full day, and week-long uses.
- Exact costs depend on the amount of time needed, amount of tech support needed, and whether ancillary spaces are needed.
- Please reach out to email@example.com to make an inquiry and get details.
What are MYArts’ hours?
- MYArts will open the building doors and staff the front desk when programs are happening.
- The MYArts building is generally not “open” for walk-in / drop-in use–we expect that people in the building are here to participate in and/or work on a specific program that is taking place at MYArts. At times there may be specific programs that allow drop-in participation, but it is still expected that people coming to the building–whether youth or adults–are there for a program.
- Caregivers who are coming into the building to drop off / pick up youth participants and staying less than 15 minutes do not have to sign in.
- Caregivers who are staying more than 15 minutes while youth participants are in a program must sign in at the front desk.
My organization would like to hold an event in the 4th floor lobby–can we do that?
- Organizations that are holding events in the Starlight Theater or the Sunrise Theater may have non-exclusive use of the 4th floor lobby to sell tickets or merchandise, and/or to display materials related to their use of the theater. There is no additional fee for this type of use. If two groups are using the two theaters at the same time and both intend to use the lobby, we expect there to be a harmonious sharing of space.
- Organizations wishing to use the 4th floor lobby for receptions, networking, or other similar events should contact MYArts staff to discuss availability and costs. Such requests will be considered on a case by case basis, and will take into account other building activities happening at the same time.
What are MYArts’ alcohol policies?
- MYArts does not have a liquor license.
- Requests to serve alcohol at events held at MYArts will be considered on a case by case basis, and will take into consideration legal requirements, the nature of the event, other activities happening in the building at the same time, and the safety and well-being of our youth participants.