Art Changes Lives
Do you want to be a part of a vibrant community of youth arts? MYArts welcomes all to apply to join our team
Now hiring! Administrative Coordinator
Position description: General support staff person / people to welcome MYArts user groups and participants, and help with a wide range of activities related to welcoming kids and families,, managing physical spaces, building safety, and data entry.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Apply by completing the form below.
Application due date: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. For best consideration, please submit your application by Friday, January 26, 2024.
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Hours and Schedule for Spring 2024 (January – early June):
- Primary needs for spring 2024 are Friday nights, Saturdays (between 2 and 11pm, with exact shifts determined by programmatic needs), and Sunday daytime. Regular Saturday availability required.
- Exact schedule variable each week and determined by building events.
- On as-needed basis: other times throughout the week, could include some weekday and weeknight hours
- Total hours: Anticipate 5-15 hours / week
- Schedule subject to change seasonally
Start date: Early February
Compensation: $18/hour, paid monthly + some access to no-cost studio time
Employing organization: MYArts is a facility on Madison’s near east side that supports Madison-area youth arts organizations by providing affordable space for classes, workshops, and other programs. Its mission is to ensure opportunities for young people to express themselves, discover the arts, and create connections, and serve as the home for the Children’s Theater of Madison and Madison Youth Choirs.
- Majority of the work time will be at the front desk, with immediate priority being managing the flow of program participants entering and moving through the building. Additional work duties to be accomplished during quiet periods at the front desk.
- Ample bike parking; served by numerous bus routes; street parking available; covered garage available for $2/hr.
- Staff MYArts front desk, welcoming and supporting user programs and their participants.
- Weeknight and weekend hours serving as building host and facility troubleshooter.
- Set up studios according to each group’s needs–will involve moving tables and chairs.
- Data entry for our space management system and/or donor database.
- Uphold MYArts policies and practices.
- Open the building at the beginning of the day and/or close the building at the end of the day/evening.
- Other duties assigned based on skills, interests, and experience.
Qualifications (can be demonstrated through work history, volunteer service, or other life experiences):
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and ability to move folding tables, chairs, and similar items
- Experience in customer service
- Enjoy working with a wide variety of people, including youth of all ages
- Can quickly and calmly solve problems on the fly
- Can operate independently as well as with a team
- Experience with some aspect of the arts (any kind of art, as a participant, performer, and/or enthusiast, formal or informal, etc.)
- Experience with data entry and very good attention to detail
- Be personally and professionally committed to equity and inclusion, with a dedication to honoring the life experiences of each person who walks through MYArts’ doors.
- Willing to undergo a background check as part of youth safety protocols
Position reports to the Director of Community Partnerships and the Director of Facilities.
- Our core values are inclusion, collaboration, and discovery. We strive to integrate these values into all aspects of our institution and our work, and to constantly grow and improve in our ability to manifest these values.
- MYArts has a strong commitment to growing access and equity within youth arts programming. We are especially committed to supporting communities of color and other marginalized groups, and have strong expectations that MYArts staff people will positively contribute to that goal.